How to Create Signature In Outlook 2003? You must execute the following steps on the machine with the Outlook 2003 client. In addition, you need to make sure you have the reader connected and the card inserted in the reader. (See section D. Exceptions)
Learn How to Create Signature In Outlook 2003
1) Go to Tools, Options.
2) In Options, select the Email Security tab in the panel
higher. Make sure that the options in the below image:
3) Leave only check in the options:
- Add digital signature to outgoing messages.
- Send unencrypted signed messages when sending signed messages.
- Then click on the Configuration button (red rectangle in the above image)
4) Configure the digital signature for outgoing emails (Above Image)
- Configure a name for the signature
- Click the Choose button to select the certificate to use.
- o From the available certificates, select that of the natural person
desired. It is recommended to verify the certificate to
make sure it is valid and corresponds to the natural person
- Leave the Hash Type Algorithm option (Fig 6) at SHA1 (3).
- Select the option: Send these certificates with signed messages (4).
- Finally, click (Fig 6) on the Accept button.
B. How to send a signed mail.
1) Connect the reader and insert the card where the digital signature is located.
2) A new email is created, as is usually done; now to sign it, if I configure the digital signature correctly, in the section above it should appear the option “Sign the message on digital screen” (See the red circle in Fig. 7).
3) Click on Sign and then send.
- a. If the mail is correctly configured, it will ask for the PIN for sending
signed, no error message should appear. (Fig 8)
- b. If there are problems with the signature, an error message such as
the following (Fig. 9).
- C. How to fix the Invalid Certificate error.
If after configuring the digital signature, an error like the one shown in Fig. 9 appears,
Follow the steps below to fix it.
1) Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and click OK.
2) Enter HKEY_CURRENT_USER
3) Locate the following registry key:
b) If the key does not exist, create a new one. To do that follow these steps:
- Click on the following registry key:
- In the Registry Editor, select Edit, New, and Password.
- Type the name of “Security” and then press ENTER.
c) Right-click on the “Security” key, click New and then click DWORD Value (Fig.13).
d) Type “SuppressNameChecks” and then press ENTER (Fig. 14).
e) Double click on “SuppressNameChecks”
f) Type 1, and then click OK. (Fig.15).
g) Close the Registry Editor.
These are the windows that appear when the guide is followed, and the reader or card is not
are connected to the computer.
We have discussed “How to Create Signature In Outlook 2003”. I hope you have a clear idea about signature in outlook. Do follow The Info USA for content like this.